Current population estimate: 170,000
Number of GP practices: 31
Local authority partners:
Thurrock Council (provides social care and housing)
Current annual budget:
£206 million for community, mental health, ambulance, hospital services, continuing healthcare and prescribed medicines.
For Thurrock In Thurrock
Creating local networks of joined up services
Thurrock CCG and Thurrock Council are working closely together and with other partners to transform services for you and your family.
We have listened to local views and already made progress with:
- Joining up health and social care
- Designing health and care around you and your family, rather than based on buildings
- Bringing services closer to you, including intermediate care beds being brought back into Thurrock
Extending the range of your local services
In the next few years, your local services will come together so that you have just one place to call, whether in person, by phone or online.
Improving access to GP services
One of the biggest challenges for Thurrock is to improve GP services. In 2015, only two practices were rated “Good” by the Care Quality Commission. In 2017, this increased to 22 practices rated “Good” and we will continue to improve.
Increasingly, you will see a wider team of healthcare professionals at your GP practice, such as:
- Clinical Pharmacists – able to carry out medicines reviews
- Emergency care practitioner – carrying out triage and home visits
- Physician’s assistants – supporting GPs in diagnosing
- Social prescribing navigators – that provide support to patients whose ill health could be affected by other matters, including abuse or debt problems.
- Mental health therapists for people with long-term health conditions
We are also piloting schemes such as e-consult, where patients can get answers to their queries online or request a reply from their GP within 48 hours.
Four new Integrated Medical Centres planned
Plans are underway to develop four new Integrated Medical Centres. There will be three new buildings in Tilbury, Purfleet and Corringham, and a further centre will be based in a redevelopment of an existing site at Thurrock Community Hospital in Grays.
There are more details on all the developments in Thurrock via www.thurrock.gov.uk, search “For Thurrock in Thurrock”.
For further information go to www.thurrockccg.nhs.uk